Life. What is its purpose? Having been subjected to much shit over the past few days, I have become increasingly disillusioned with life. I'm sick of scurrying around like a rat, dashing from home to school, from tutorials to lectures. I'm sick of how people can be so inconsiderate, so blind, so rude, of how we just move on in life like robots, without purpose, without passion. Increasingly, I'm beginning to find that life here in Singapore is one big farce. I hate the fact that politics and materialism have come to dominate almost every aspect of our life. Send me back to Ban Nam Khem, please. I could use some of the love, the kinship and the camaraderie that characterizes that place. And life could do with more Jolenes...
(Note: I mean that in the sense that she's a very nice person, no more, no less :). )
No comments:
Post a Comment