An early morning crap gave way to several thoughts which I figured should be penned (or rather typed) down before I forget them. I guess inspiration does indeed come in strange and creative ways itself.
In our world today, which I both love and hate with a passion, everything about our lives seems to be supersized (cf. Supersize Me - ok no link =P). The way we live, the way we act, the friends we choose - for so many people, it is almost as if they live a faux celebrity life. Gossip, scandals and rumours; From a point of view, it is as if one group of people are the "celebrities", another are the paparazzi, and yet another are fans. It irritates me to the bone.
Even the actions of some people seem to follow the celeb life. Parallel to say, Nicole Richie, there are so many people who have eating disorders and such because "oooh I feel fat boo-fricking-hoo T_T." And yet others who slowly shun their roots and traditions 'cause they were "outdated". For what? Why would normally sane people commit such folly? It is because from birth, everyone is subjected to outside influences from the celebrity lifestyle - in the news, in the papers, in the movies, whatever. And as such, our standards of everything are slowly being rotted away and replaced with celebrity standards, in one way or another. What is beauty? It used to be in the eye of the beholder, I guess, but now it is defined by the media and such. What a farce.
Even in doing good, people seem to fall for similarly supersized notions. "What can I do for the WORLD?", "Why can't my actions be felt by the WORLD?". Good intentioned, albeit somewhat misguided. People need to learn how to live in their own worlds. See, many people look at the word "world" and think it refers to the entire globe. But it doesn't. What is your world? Your family, your friends, your life, in short, your home. There is a saying, "Charity begins from home". And indeed, do block out all that unnecessary influence and hindrance from the globe, and concentrate on doing good in your HOME. Because if all is good at home for everyone, then a lot of problems would cease to exist wouldn't they?
FARK I DIDN'T WASH MY HANDS!!!!
Just kidding.
No comments:
Post a Comment