YISS 2007.. A turning point in my spiritual life, without any doubt. My faith for the previous year had been really shaky, non-existent even. But YI has really changed that. I guess simply put, I moved from disbelief to belief. And what an awesome change that is. =)
Initially I was having cold feet, especially since the exams were just around the corner. The first day didn't particularly help given my disdain for well, icebreaking games and stuff. =P But from then on, it could only become a truly uplifting experience... I could go into details about getting slain and speaking in tongues but I feel that is secondary... One insight I gained from the camp was that us humans alone relating our experiences cannot make another person believe, but what it can do is to spark interest in that person or reinforce their own existing beliefs, which would then lead them to search for and ultimately discover their own faith. As Christians, we aren't the Word of God, but merely serve as channels for the Word to manifest itself in its own unique ways. I guess all I'll say is that YI was great, and I strongly encourage all Catholic/Christian youth, even non-Christians who are interested in the faith, to attend.
Post-YI is another experience altogether.. After experiencing the touch of the Holy Spirit, I really feel motivated to praise.. The presence of the Lord is truly refreshing, and I would go so far as to describe it as addictive. =D My spiritual life is far from perfect, but hey, no one said being a Christian was a bed of roses. Challenges persist and more will come, but with the Spirit, no barricade is too high.
As a whole, I don't really feel like I have changed that much after YI. I'm still very much the same person I was, but the significant difference is that I feel much more complete now that my spirituality has been given new life. =D
The Lord exists very tangibly in everyone's life. It's just a matter of how we choose to perceive and interpret it. I used to doubt and question; I still do, but now at least I view things in more positive light. Praise God =D
No comments:
Post a Comment