Tuesday, October 05, 2010

that which the world has to offer

"When I see the ministry, I feel happy that there are so many young people who are passionate about God. Yet something is missing; it is as if they're holding back a part of themselves. But you, you are different. Your heart is in the right place."

Those are rather high expectations to meet. I used to say that the kind of love I was searching for wasn't the kind of love the world could offer. A love that embodied a sacrifice of self. A love that was deeply... spiritual in nature. I'm... not so sure if I'm really that noble, now.

What am I, but a weak and foolish man? One struggling with his identity as a son of God. Seeking detachment from the world, yet tempted by what it has to offer. Desiring wisdom, yet embracing folly. I want something greater than a worldly love, but I'm not willing to let go of it.

Oh, Lord, put my heart in the right place.

No comments: