Now what the hell and why the hell I am doing this is unknown to me as well... But anyway, my first topic of ranting shall be: Singaporeans and our wonderful way of sending messages via handphone, AKA SMS. To me, this is the ultimate horror of horrors. Why? A peek into my friend's SMS inbox ( yes I actually did this... how despicable of me hmm? ) shows some messages from a girl..possibly his girlfriend. Well, the content would be pretty obvious, but hell, the whole message was horrendous. A quote from it would be: ' wahhh do yeww mees muah lolx?... on teevee now gort oh see yeh knoh? i fell aslweep on muah parrents bed yew know? so tired lah lolx. ' Put into proper English, it would mean: ' Do you miss me? The OC is on air now. I fell asleep on my parents' bed as i was tired! '
The horrors of SMS-speak, as i shall call it. I have always imagine these people siting for an Essay Examination: ....lolx one day harh, dees boi calledx tom lolx... he hah, know muah palents verr well leh....
How on earth these people pass their examinations... it is truly beyond me.
But well! Enough ranting for today. Next up, Singaporeans and religion! Ciao for now :) .
No comments:
Post a Comment