After taking an immensely long break, I finally decided to make a post when a friend reminded me that I actually had a blog!
The other day, while I was sitting in the bus, I had the good fortune to witness an event of extraordinary hilarity. Somewhere along Serangoon Road, a group of Malay boys boarded the bus. One had a guitar. The minute they sat down, the guy with the guitar started playing a tune. Soon, all of them were singing. In front of everyone in the bus! Two girls from Newtown Secondary School seemed particularly humoured/irritated by them, and kept turning around to look at the Malays. As the Malays alighted, the girls suddenly spewed all kinds of wonderful vulgarities at them, shouting delightful phrases such as CCB! One of them then went to the window and gave them the finger. At that point, I couldn't decide whether to laugh or be disgusted. It's sad, really, to see these girls disgracing themselves. But quite frankly, I can't be bothered. However, I do admire the Malays, for having the balls to (potentially) disgrace themselves in public. So to that group of Malays, whoever you are, rock on! haha
Now for the serious stuff. When I went to Sengkang Polyclinic last Friday, I caught a glimpse of a rather disturbing article on the doctor's computer screen. Apparently, there was a suspected case of avian flu in Sengkang Polyclinic. A 66 year old Chinese woman. Right at the end, it said something about 'discharged from SGH.' As I did not get to read the whole article, I simply hope that that line means it was a false alarm. But you never know. Statistics show that we are 20 years overdue for a flu epidemic. Bird flu is possibly the next one. And it has the potential to be much more deadly than all previous flu epidemics. Thus, we cannot afford to take any chances. What a dreadfully grim situation.
Pray that bird flu will be contained soon, if this is even possible. If not, all of us are in deep trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment