"I think it's ironic that I never liked the girl I loved, and at the same time I never loved the girl I liked."
I used to think I was quite smart to come to this conclusion. But not today. Not any longer. Not too long ago I was fully convinced that that infatuation drove me mad to do things for someone I normally wouldn't and even worse -- made me come up with excuses on why I did them. I thought I was smart in being able to see the error in my ways. I thought I was smart to know what was a plain infatuation.
But I was wrong --- I realise that deep down within me there was a very real desire to protect, to honour and to care. It pierced through me and brought me out of a slump I was in in my life. Though you guys probably won't read this, I'm really grateful. Thank you Wins for your talk today -- with that simple line (which might have seemed fairly innocuous to anyone else) you spoke sense into me, a sense I never could have thought of on my own. And thank you Joan. You don't know this, but, you taught me how to love and respect my fellow sisters once more.
Oh Lord, save me from the fool's body that clothes my soul.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment