Friday, March 06, 2009

Airing the brain

This week has been busy. Really really busy. And the bad thing about it was that it didn't strike me until now. To top off with that fact that it's still not over yet, it's a real challenge trying to be a good son of God and my parents, friend, student and yes, leader.

Discipline. It looks easy from the outside doesn't it? But deep down inside it's always a struggle. Especially disciplining yourself to sacrifice your comforts, your time, your sleep. I've always liked to say that I have a love-hate relationship with sacrifice: Without it I feel so lost and without purpose; yet with it there are times where it takes sheer willpower and the grace of God to take that step forward.

Still I thank God for his constant reminders to slow down and stop!!! Even if it's just for that 1-2 minutes to gaze at the trees, sunset or night sky, or even to listen to the banter of a friendly bus driver, appreciating his presence never fails to put a smile back on my face.

I guess I'm weary and distracted for now. After next week it's time to take a break and do some refocusing, look inwards and just chill. But at this point I draw strength from:

"Let it be, dear Lord, let it be..."
"Say to the weary one, your God will surely come, he will come and save you..."

Yeah big guy. How could whatever I experience now compare to your passion?

Learning to lay down my world, pick up my cross and walk, a step at a time.

No comments: