I'm starting to wonder: What's the defining factor that differentiates between giving up and letting go? One is a lack of ambition, the other an acceptance of what must come.
If I were to be offered a prestigious scholarship and an opportunity to study in another country, but then decide not to take it, would that be giving up, or would it be letting go?
Or not accepting a better paying or more glamorous job offer over the current one?
Or to stop chasing after a dream when the it is in sight?
I would suppose it all boils down to the intention. Problem is, I'm not an ambitious person. But what does it matter, in any case? All that jamming yesterday must have gotten to my head. More importantly, my spirituality has been in shambles in recent weeks. So much for seeking first the kingdom eh.
Some thoughts for reflection:
How greatly do I desire God that I'd be willing to discipline myself?
Am I letting go of troublesome approaches to prayer or am I giving up?
At which point is the line crossed?
No comments:
Post a Comment