Friday, August 28, 2009

tire

Life hasn't been easy. I do wish I didn't have so many commitments. I do wish I wouldn't have so much on my mind. I do wish I wasn't in so many committees, that things would quit cropping up so I wouldn't have to keep missing sessions and P&W (when was the last time I even had that?), that I wouldn't have so little energy...

But life has been fun. School has been enjoyable, I've been getting closer to my friends more than ever, I'm making an effort to make new friends and be more sociable... Yet somehow there's no one to turn to. Not that I don't trust my friends (they're great and they genuinely care, really). It's taxing to run a lone game. God's there, definitely, but He sure isn't making things easy. I guess I still need to wean myself off the whole relying on feeling comforted thing. 

I'm tired. I'm everywhere yet nowhere. Prayer and spirituality has been difficult. Free time... what's that? But still. Musn't lose hope hope hope hope hope hope hope...

"You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word." Ps 119:114

"I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope." Ps 130:5

"For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from years, my feet from stumbling; I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living. I believed, even when I spoke: 'I am greatly afflicted.'" Ps 116:8-10

"Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light." Mt 11:28-30

God be the solution.

No comments: