Saturday, September 26, 2009

breathless

Lost for words with all to say
Lord you take my breath away
Still my soul, my soul cries out
For you are holy

Life hasn't been dealing very good hands to me lately. Sigh. Yet... In the thick of the battle, as I struggle against lapsing into a mindless rush, I think about how Jesus, fully human, took his suffering so bravely, so lovingly, and in so reached a state fully divine.

Truly, Lord, you are set apart. Who can compare to you? Which other man has reached your state of perfection? Which other man could love so wholly, so selflessly? Which other man could be as humble as you, who "did not view equality with God as something to be grasped", but instead was "obedient to the point of death, death on a cross"?

How can I ever begin to comprehend the depth of your love, Lord? You are so great, and I so unworthy, yet you loved me so to make me all that I am, you loved me so to put your life down for me. And you leave me speechless, speechless in the sight of your great love.

Empower me God! Let me be an example, a signboard pointing to you, a mirror reflecting your light. Let my every breath, my every word, my every deed -- let it all be done for you! May your love be all I desire, and may I, in turn, desire to give you all my love.

No comments: