Saturday, September 19, 2009

insatiable

2 years down the road: I've come a very long way from the time I first made a serious effort to uphold my faith. My faith has grown in leaps and bounds. When I rationally think about the 'then' and the 'now' I cannot deny this.

Yet it seems like the closer I draw to God, the more great I realize He is. The more great I realize He is, the more I realize how sinful I am. And thus the I feel so much further away from God than when I first started. But this just makes the hunger for God grow. It is ravenous. It is insatiable. I can't get enough. Nothing else can compare. Nothing else will do.

I guess the first key in the pursuit of holiness lies in awareness. Awareness of God and hence awareness of oneself. I do find it interesting that many of the greatest of saints thought themselves to be the greatest of sinners before God. But awareness isn't enough. We can be aware of something and still not desire it. And ultimately, we must act upon this desire.

I love you, God. Let me love you more. Oh, so very, very much more.

No comments: