I tried to break the monotony of my life today by watching one of the many DVDs which my brother um, procured thru means unknown, Miami Vice. Cut the long story short, having seen bits of the original series, I wasn't particularly thrilled that they made Rico into a black guy (not that I have anything against African-Americans, mind you), and that Sonny looked like some cowboy-punk-in-a-suit.
But that's besides the point. I struggled to grasp the plot (was there even one?) amidst all the money, sex, drugs, sex, lies, sex, violence and sex. Oh, and did I mention sex? Seriously every other scene must have been one of the above described things. No prizes for guessing correctly which one predominated. Not to mention that half the script was probably "f--- you" or "f--- this" or "f--- that" or something along those lines. Such is the state of the modern action movie eh.
On a brighter side there was a Chinese lady on the set, but then again as the movie progressed I found my impression of her change from "fairly-good-looking-criminal-disguised-as-a-businesswoman" to "whore". Call me a prude, but I like seeing girls covered up in their clothes just fine, thank you very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment