What to do, what to do?
I'm at a loss for what to do.
Dry spells get my mind in a lock,
Begone, annoying writer's block.
But that's not the real root cause,
For this rather undesirable pause
Of any sort of productive activity.
It seems like nothing can satisfy me,
Nothing of this world at least,
They all eventually fade and cease.
Because this emptiness, this hole
can only be filled by one soul:
God.
What am I doing, Lord?
Your word is a lamp unto my feet,
You lead me to streams flowing and sweet.
Let me not with a cup cover
This lamp, else I suffer,
And lose sight of the things that matter,
That which for my soul is better.
So this little one begs Mother Wisdom,
Clarity of mind and spiritual vision,
To do the right work of the Kingdom,
And not be fooled by illusion.
For unless I find myself in God's faction,
There can be no satisfaction... ...
No comments:
Post a Comment