Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rescued... by Love?

Wow. YISS has drawn to a close in a blink of the eye. I must say that the theme really did speak loads to me throughout the course of the 4 days. That said, the highlight for me was neither the healing nor the outpouring. Instead, it came rather oddly, in the form of a farewell.

A group of us were tending to a participant who had been unwell. Throughout the entire time all that was running thru my head was a thought: "Shower him with God's love." I was really heartened to see the entire service team showering him with their love and concern and prayers. And as he was leaving, I saw how his facil scrambled to say goodbye.

In that brief moment I was suddenly given a stark and poignant reminder of God's love; I was overwhelmed by the sheer raw power of it all and brought close to tears. "This," a voice was saying, "This is how much my love extends to each and every one of you."

This YISS, I wasn't really struck by the sessions, sharings, healing and outpouring (they were awesome, mind you). This YISS, I was bowled over by the love of God. The simple, pure love of God.

I could speak of new tongues, of visions and prophecies, all wonderful gifts from God. But no words can express the greatest gift of all: Love Himself.

No comments: