Friday, July 31, 2009

in praise of God

"Quod scripsi, scripsi." [What I have written, I have written.]

What you have willed Lord, you have willed. I desire no more and no less than your will. I won't attempt to force anything outside your will either. Well, not that it's possible in any case.

My mind is clear; what I foresaw has been fulfilled. I'm pretty content to leave it as that -- life goes on as usual, not that much has changed to begin with. Whatever God sends my way, He will send my way.

"In all things, praise God."

Praise you God, for the people you have brought into my life. Through them you have showered me with your love. Through them you have taught me your virtues of faith, hope and love. Through them you have grown me more and more into your image and likeness. Through them -- you have been you.

Praise you God, for you have done great things in my life. For the joys which you bring into my life, and especially for the sorrows which teach me to cherish the joys, which teach me to stand firm in your truth and in your love [in veritate et caritate]. For the trials you send my way that I might share in your suffering.

Praise you God, for your will is unchanging and so often difficult. You have taught me the transience of the world. You have taught me the true happiness of not getting what I want but doing what you want. You have challenged me to rise up above my fleshly self. And you have let me play a part in your salvation.

Praise you God, for you have taught me to comprehend your Son's teaching: "Now my soul is troubled. What shall I say: Father, save me from this hour? But it is for this very reason that I have come to this hour. Father, glorify your name! A voice came from heaven, 'I have glorified it, and I will again glorify it.'"

Praise you God, for your love and grace are enough for me -- I shall ask for nothing more.

Amen.

No comments: