If there's anything that I've learnt so far in my journey of faith, it's that God answers prayers. Really efficiently. And, as per his favorite style of teasing people, sometimes more accurately and precisely than one would rather. But it's something that never fails to amaze me time and time again, when a prayer is answered. Let me give a generic outline of my prayer philosophy:
1.) I muse (a LOT, as those who know me are aware).
2.) God speaks to me in my musing.
3.) My task is to pray his prompting through.
4.) Prayer gets answered.
5.) I'm amazed.
6.) I muse in amazement.
Just a few weeks (or has it been a month already?) my grandmother, a Buddhist, was admitted to hospital after a fall. Somehow or rather God kept prompting me to pray for her, which I did (though I was not quite sure what to pray for). Next thing I know, my mom comes up to me and tells me that my grandma requested specifically for "church people to pray over" her. I say, the dude up there works in mysterious ways, mysterious beyond compare indeed.
Now I would continue but I've forgotten what it is exactly that made me want to write this post (even the writing itself seems rather truncated), so I'll just end with a short prayer:
Dear God,
You are going to carry out your will in my life. I'm just here to pray it through.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment