If someone were to ask me what my idea of a perfect outing with friends would be, my honest opinion would be this:
One where we wouldn't have to talk, and instead just sit back and well, relax, enjoy the sunset or something, and each other's company. Not that I don't like to talk; I just feel that when friendship reaches a certain stage, there no longer exists a need for verbal communication -- the mutual understanding is sufficient.
In John Steinbeck's novel, the Pearl, the main characters Kino (the husband) and Juana (the wife) are perfect examples of this. Their lives were so in tune that it became a song, truly a song without words, yet a beautiful song (although their son's poisoning and Kino's discovery of the Pearl would eventually come to disrupt this song).
Though I'm not quite one for personality tests, I do find it rather interesting that the only 2 people who have/had reached this level of understanding with me so far have both been INFJs. There isn't any awkwardness in the silence, even though we aren't/weren't the closest of friends because we understand one another. I guess there is some truth in Carl Jung's type-relationships thing after all.
By the same token, my idea of the perfect prayer is well, blank. No need for words, no need for thoughts -- just a non-verbal, mutual understanding between God and myself. Or, as I like to call it, being in tune. I think our tune has been somewhat like Chopin's and the other Romantic era compositions thus far (I feel too lazy to explain so I sincerely hope whoever reads this has some idea of music history and theory).
That said, I'm sure God enjoys Chopin's music. I mean, he created the dude after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment