Sunday, April 12, 2009

Thanks!

Right now I only have one thing on my mind:

PRAISE GOD FOR LUNCH!! =D

Wow. It seems like just yesterday I embarked on what looked like a simple enough Lenten journey. Yet in the blink of an eye, Easter has arrived. Time really does fly eh? 

That said, ever since I started taking Lent seriously (in JC), every Lent has been greatly different from the previous. Last year's was about finding and holding true to myself and my values. This year's was a roller coaster. But the thing is, it never does end at Lent. After what happened just now, it's pretty clear that the ride has just begun. But for all the ups and downs, I must say that I enjoyed it greatly. Some of the habits formed will probably carry on and (hopefully) become a part of my regular life. 

Looking back, I really have grown much, in more ways than I expected. It's been a real experience -- One that I couldn't have done on my own. So I'll just express my gratitude to a couple of people who made it all possible:

Big thanks to friends like Eunice, Shaun and Sylvester for prodding me when I slipped and hearing me out when I was down. (and for all the name-calling, AM room cleaning and left4dead-ing, respectively)

Big thanks to my parents for tolerating my rising early and returning (really really) late, and for (generally) respecting my request not to question the lunacy of whatever I was doing.

And above all, big big thanks to God for constantly whipping my ass and reminding me to TRUST and have FAITH in Him, for showing me that life really isn't about the Mes and Myselfs but about the Thems. If there's one thing I really learnt this Lent it's that we don't live for ourselves, but for God above all and for our neighbours. For the 2 greatest commandments are:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."

and

"Love your neighbour as yourself."

It's been a fulfilling, if but wild, ride. And the best thing is that it's just begun.

No comments: