Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rose

I wear a rosary on my wrist,
This rosary means a lot to me.
Yet by some unfortunate twist,
Gone it's meaning came to be.


Disillusioned and at a loss,
I feared I'd lost my love for God.
But other plans: had the divine Boss,
He showed me that these fears were flawed.


I rethought what this rosary meant,
After wearing it for so long.
Of the prayers and nights spent,
Longing just to hear His song.


In essence He told me this,
Your calling -- it's Kenosis.
Your life, it isn't your own shelf,
No, you must empty of yourself.


It's not about me,
It's about you.
Is there anything,
I can help you do?


Giving up 'me' time
To study to be a good doctor.
Giving up 'me' time
To be involved in ministry.
Giving up 'me' time
To be a better son.
Giving up 'me' time
To be with God.
Giving up me -- For God.


I thought my rose had lost it's meaning,
I thought my faith would falter and fumble.
Yet how odd it is to be seeing,
That this humble rose's meaning would double.


"How could something that's worth so much to you lose it's meaning?"
Now I know my answer is:
"So it's worth would be even more dearly treasured upon it's finding."


I wear a rosary on my wrist,
This rosary means so much to me.
Despite life's turns and twists,
Greater meaning came to be.

No comments: