Monday, March 16, 2009

Calvary

I'm feeling quite down now. "Picking up the crosses of others who've given up" eh? It sounds nice and flowery and all that, but the reality of it all is starting to sink in -- it really isn't as easy as I thought it would be.

Lent and the sorrowful mysteries has never seemed more apt than now. Sly, Don and I were talking about how the Passion was a particularly agonising event for Jesus because God WASN'T THERE. We all know that where sin exists, God cannot exist -- sin is the absence of God. And in order for Christ, though knowing no sin, to become sin, it meant that God WASN'T THERE. If the world were to be a macrocosm of my mind, the sky now would be the best representative -- clouded. It's really a struggle to see the sun (see the Son) amidst all this. But I guess that's what faith really is about -- believing in what is unseen.

I've been fumbling and stumbling these few days. In my clouded state I'd forgotten that God is in control of everything. I guess, I'm lucky that I realised this now.

These crosses are really heavier than I expected, Jesus... Walk with me just this bit more?

No comments: