Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Saviour's Blood

Drip, drip, blood trickles to the floor.

He's a terrible sight -- Bare naked, broken, battered. 

"What you see in statues and images -- It cannot compare to the stark reality."

He's a terrible sight -- Humiliated, ridiculed, life barely hanging by a thread.

Drip, drip, blood trickles onto me. Warm, innocent blood.

"This is the reality of true love. Are you up for it?"

Oh sometimes I'm so afraid.

I don't want to be broken, battered and humiliated.

But love is a choice.

"If possible, let this cup pass me by. But your will not my will be done."

Ready or not, I choose you.

Drip, drip, a saviour's blood trickles.

They pierce his side, 

Trickles turn into sprays, turn into rivers.

Washing all over me, washing me clean.

"Into your hands I commend my spirit."

A Saviour breathes his last;

And I my first, my first into new life.

No comments: