Monday, March 23, 2009

Peace

As I was crossing the road, I saw the shadow of a man behind, at the corner of my peripheral vision.

"Hola JC, it's been a while since we've had a good walk eh? And a great day to have one too."

I'd been busy for the past few days but still he had waited for me, patiently. It had been a trying week and I was drained mentally and physically. I'd been feeling like I was being torn into many pieces and I was complaining; There's only so much of me to go around. But here was the dude who went through the Passion; come on, how could whatever I do ever compare? If already I was grumbling under the load of a handful of people, what more the whole world?

"I want you to know that you are on the right path. Continue to love with your whole heart, your whole soul and your whole strength," He said. And everything changed.

Peace. I hadn't felt that in a while. I gazed up at the sky -- there were a number of dark clouds but the sun shone on them in such a way that they were tinted in an orange hue. And I just knew, then, that even in times of trial, God's light had been shining on me. "Besides," he continued, "Don't these dark clouds serve merely to make the sky more beautiful?"

The stakes are high. Higher than anything else by far. But I feel no fear, just peace. After all, the stakes Jesus had BET HIS LIFE ON makes them seem so miniscule. He smiled at me, saying, "Better to have loved and been broken and torn apart than to live a perfect life knowing no love."

To wherever Christ takes me,

I have decided to follow Jesus,
I have decided to follow Jesus,
I have decided to follow Jesus:
No turning back, no turning back.

No comments: